Roller Derby AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australian Roller Derby Community Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How do you clean your bearings?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FatLipFanny

FatLipFanny

How do you clean your bearings? Empty
PostSubject: How do you clean your bearings?   How do you clean your bearings? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 11:20 am

How do you get them squeaky clean, and what products do you use?

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
doom bug
Admin

PostSubject: Wheel/Bearing cleaning   How do you clean your bearings? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 12:48 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.rollerderbyau.net
FatLipFanny

FatLipFanny

PostSubject: Re: How do you clean your bearings?   How do you clean your bearings? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 2:39 pm

I did check that out, I was confused by the citrus cleaner. And if I bailed someone up in Bunnings and asked them what stuff to use they'd be useless! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Terror Australis

Terror Australis

PostSubject: Re: How do you clean your bearings?   How do you clean your bearings? EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 2:36 am

I wouldn't use citrus cleaner if you paid me.
Remove the shields, chuck em in a jar (I use old salsa bottles) with enough Acetone to cover well. Swirl and swirl more. Repeat if you have to. Hook em out with a paper clip when clean, let dry on some paper towel and apply lube (you can use 3 in1 oil, Singer sewing machine oil or a good food grade lube- all easily available). Pop sheilds on if so inclined. Done. Wink
Back to top Go down
skater

PostSubject: Re: How do you clean your bearings?   How do you clean your bearings? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 1:38 am

I use petrol in much the same way as Terror. Very easy to do. You can use an old toothbrush to help remove the grit, especially if skating outdoors.
Back to top Go down
Shelberry

PostSubject: Re: How do you clean your bearings?   How do you clean your bearings? EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 8:38 am

Hey Fat Lip Fanny - I know you Wink But I should have guessed I'd see you here Laughing

I use a bones cleaning bottle and white spirits from bunnings I lay them out on old cloth nappies Laughing cuz you know what else do you use them for Laughing and usually blow them out a bit with a can of compressed air and leave them out for a bit to ensure they're dry. I've used a few different types of lube, Normal 3 in 1, Bones Speed Cream and whatever the Kwik one is. I have NFI if there is any difference Very Happy As you know I'm fairly new to this so I just waste money buying stuff to check it out Laughing
Back to top Go down
FatLipFanny

FatLipFanny

PostSubject: Re: How do you clean your bearings?   How do you clean your bearings? EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 12:35 pm

Hahahaaaa hi Shel!!

I ended up using acetone and sewing machine oil (borrowed from husband and father in law), plus an old mayo jar. Upper class right here. They seem to be fine so far! And it was all free, which was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you clean your bearings?   How do you clean your bearings? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you clean your bearings?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roller Derby AU :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: